Filmwallas.com and the Screenwriters Association (Singapore) are calling in for The Singapore Short List 2017 – an Anthology of Singaporean Short Film Screenplays.
The theme of the short screenplay is ‘Race’. Participants are to submit their short screenplay based on their interpretation before 31st May 2017.
12 screenplays will be shortlisted, and published in The Singapore Short List 2017. Once the anthology is published, a further competition will be announced for directors and producers to turn the shortlisted screenplays into finished short films.
How to participate:
- Set up a profile at www.filmwallas.com (click on the sign up button on the top right of the homepage)
- Download this Registration form, fill it up and email it to email@example.com with the subject line: SINGAPORE SHORT LIST – before 31 May 2017
- Make a payment of S$20 per entry at http://bit.ly/2osx8R8
- Entry is open to any Singaporean or resident of Singapore
- Entry is free for members of the Screenwriters Association
- Entry fee is S$20 per submission for all other entrants. Multiple entries are accepted. Each entry allows you to receive a complimentary copy of the published anthology.
- Submission deadline is midnight on 31 May 2017
- Scripts must be between 5 and 15 pages, in standard industry screenplay format
- Selections will be made by a jury appointed by the Screenwriters Association committee and their decision is final.
- The shortlisted 12 will be announced in June/July 2017
- The anthology will be published in late September/October 2017.
- Kitaab will retain the right to publish all submitted works in first and subsequent prints.
- Royalties will be paid to all shortlisted writers on 2nd and subsequent prints.
- The screenplays will remain the Intellectual Property of the individual writers.
For more details: http://filmwallas.com/contest/screenwriters